Nothing heralds spring and summer like having a bowl of tzatziki on the table. This dip is a perfect compliment to grilled vegetables and meats. It’s luscious flavor is wonderful spread on bread. Tzatziki is loaded with powerful health benefits too! Greek yogurt is naturally high in calcium and protein. It is loaded with probiotics and boasts iodine and B-12. Tzatziki can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- 1/2 to a full large English cucumber with peel, grated
- 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt I like Fage best
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed – depending on personal preference
- 2T The Furies Extra Virgin Olive Oil, be generous!
- 1T red wine vinegar (lemon juice can also substituted in place of vinegar)
- 2T fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate cucumber with peel using the largest size grate. Squeeze water from cucumber.
- Combine strained cucumber, yogurt, and garlic. Add EVOO and vinegar and stir gently. Fold in fresh dill and season with salt and pepper.