Nestled between the mountains on one side and the Ionian Sea on the other is the Achaia region in the northern part of the Peloponnese. The Furies Olive Oil is exclusively cultivated from this region where fresh water from the mountains supplies natural irrigation and long, hot summers and mild winters offer an ideal climate. Orange and lemon trees dot the landscape and add pops of color to this picturesque countryside. The Furies Olive Oil chooses only the best olives that are hand-picked and milled the same day utilizing century old methods to preserve the fruit and protect the trees. It is exclusively extracted with state of the art machinery in pristine conditions. The Furies Olive Oil is the epitome of single sourced as we know the producers, and maintain strict oversight of the pressing. Our oil is pressed entirely with cold extraction, assuring the superior flavor and low acidity prized among the finest olive oils.
- We go to Greece for the Early Harvest in November. We get to know the farmers, we help with collection, and are present during milling and bottling.
- Our oil is never blended. It remains unfiltered to retain the highest levels of antioxidants and polyphenols that have been found to improve health and longevity.
- Certified Organic by Hellenic DIO, Inspection and Certification Organization of Organic Products and is USDA Organic.
- The mill is family owned and has been in operation for 4 generations. Pristine conditions and state of the art equipment are used to mechanically extract the juice from the olives.
- It is ISO 22000 certified for International Quality Standards
Why We Chose our Name
Our oil takes its name from the The Furies, the Greek Infernal Goddesses. Once dedicated to extracting vengeance for mortal sin, the goddesses redirected their power to protecting mankind. Their story inspires our motto: Cook with a Vengeance. When combined with simple, fresh ingredients, our oil acts as medicine to protect you and your family. Use it generously, and follow our posts for recipe inspiration so you can start cooking with a vengeance.