Coleslaw with spiraled beets and radishes
Move over traditional coleslaw, we've given you a healthy makeover! Raw beet spirals give this slaw a beautiful color and add fabulous taste. Radishes add a spicy crunch to the cabbage too. We love making this slaw with fish tacos along with lots of fresh salsa. It is also super good as a side salad for your next BBQ. You can find a spiral maker at most grocery stores. They got very trendy for making zoodles.
- 1 raw beet spiraled. It can also be cut julienne style in narrow rods
- 4 large radishes spiraled or julienned
- 1 1/2 cup green or red cabbage cut into narrow slices
- 1/2 red onion cut into narrow pieces
- 2T fresh lime juice
- 1T rice vinegar
- 3T The Furies EVOO
- 1t honey
- 1/2t sriracha seasoning
- 1/2t cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing: lime juice, rice vinegar, EVOO, honey, sriracha, cumin, salt and pepper
- Toss together beets, radishes, onion, and cabbage.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix well.
- This salad improves with a little time and stays fresh in the refrigerator for a few days.