Mushroom, Leek and Gouda Frittata
Frittatas are wonderful as a weeknight dinner or for weekend brunch. Mushrooms and leeks add savory flavor with a hint of sweetness. I like Gouda, but Fontina, and Swiss can be used interchangeably. Mescalin green salad and fresh fruit complete the meal.
- 3T The Furies EVOO
- 2 medium leeks, whites and pale green parts only, chopped
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2T parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup Gouda cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat 2T EVOO in cast iron or ovenproof skillet. Add leeks and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until all liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, 1/2 cup cheese and parsley.
- Return the mushrooms and leeks to medium-high heat and add 1T EVOO. Pour the egg mix over the vegetables. Let the fritatta cook over medium heat without stirring for roughly 3-5 minutes until the eggs start to firm around the edges of the pan.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese to evenly over top. Bake approximately 20 minutes until lightly browned and set in the center. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.