This is one of my family's favorite ways to grill chicken breasts. The marinade features rosemary, balsamic vinegar, honey and brown sugar. Greek yogurt helps to bind all of the flavors and keeps the chicken juicy and tender. The chicken can be marinated as little as an hour or left in the refrigerator overnight and prepared the next day. Left over marinade can be boiled and reduced for sauce.
4 large boneless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to approximately 1/2" with a meat tenderizer
- 1/2 cup The Furies EVOO
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced (approximately 1/4 cup)
- 1T plain Greek Yogurt, I like Fage
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2T honey
- 1T Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2T fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1t salt
- 1t pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Gently whisk to combine and then continue to mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Pour marinade into a zip lock bag or a Pyrex bowl with lid and add chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Can be left overnight and grilled the next day.
- Bring chicken to room temperature. Heat grill to approximately 400'. Lower heat and grill chicken over medium flame for approximately 5 minutes per side to an internal temperature of 165'. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Left over marinade can be boiled down and used as a wonderful sauce. The flavors will be strong so only a small amount is needed to compliment the chicken.