This summer salsa is incredibly delicious and compliments fish tacos, and grilled meats and fish alike! Ataulfo mangoes are yellow, slightly smaller and narrower than traditional mangoes. They are delightfully sweet! Sometimes coined the King of Fruits, mangoes are a nutritious treat. High in beta carotene, vitamin A & C, and prebiotic dietary fiber, mangoes also have enzymes that aid in digestion. This may be the only recipe I post without EVOO, but it is special enough on it's own.
- 2 ripe Ataulfo mangoes
- 3T red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1T jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1T fresh lime juice
- 2T fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mix together mangoes, onion, peppers and cilantro.
- Toss with fresh lime juice