Peruvian Cod with Shallots and Fresh Tomatos
The key to this delicious and simple fish dish is a McCormick Peruvian spice blend. It is a mixture of paprika, cumin, garlic, lime and a pinch of sugar. It you can't find the McCormick spice, just make your own! I used cod for my dish, but any other mild, flaky fish will do! I made this on the grill, but it can easily be baked.
- 5 cod fillets, dried with a paper towel
- 2 T The Furies EVOO
- 3t Peruvian spice blend
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedge
- Line a slotted grill pan with foil and cut through the foil with a knife allowing heat to pass through the slots
- Brush the foil with a little EVOO.
- Pat fish dry and brush both sides of fillet with EVOO. Rub spice blend onto both sides of the fillets. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shallots and fresh tomatoes and squeeze lime on top.
- Grill or bake (400') approximately 15 minutes until fish is opaque and flakes.