This nutrient rich side salad is wonderful alongside anything grilled and makes a perfect stand alone lunch. You can swap out the pomegranate juice with cranberry or even tart cherry. Also use any fresh herbs that are handy and plentiful. I used parsley, basil and cilantro.
- 1/3 cup The Furies EVOO
- 3T lemon juice, approximately juice of one large lemon
- 1t pomegranate juice, be generous
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2t maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 t salt
- pepper to taste
Combine ingredients and blend in blender or whisk until thick and creamy
- 1 c tri-colored quinoa, cooked according to directions, cooled
- 1 can Garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 cups chopped vegetables, choose all the colors and use your favorites
Mix together and dress. Enjoy!